Amended Tax Returns

Author: Tax Resolution Attorney Gwin, PLLC |

Tax Resolution Attorney Orlando

Mistakes happen. When you make a mistake on your return that is to your credit, the IRS  is not obligated to correct your mistake when you get money back. Amended Returns can be filed at any time, there is no time limitation.

  • Many mathematical errors are caught during the processing of the tax return and corrected by the IRS, so you may not need to correct these mistakes.
  • If you didn't claim the correct filing status or you need to change your income deductions or credits, you should file an amended return.

Generally, for a credit or refund, you must amend your return within 3 years after the date you timely filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later. IRS usually takes about 16 weeks to process amended returns. Contact us for a free consultation.

Tax Resolution Attorney Orlando